|Effects:||After casting for 4.5 seconds, teleports your champion to target allied minion, turret, or ward.|
Teleport is a 'targeted' summoner spell. It is used to quickly travel from a current location to a friendly turret or minion anywhere on the map. It is not stopped like Recall upon damage, but it still can be stopped with crowd control abilities such as stuns, roots and silences.
Teleport is great for ganking if the enemy commits to a fight and is around friendly minions or turrets. Teleport is also used to quickly switch lanes to defend an unguarded tower. The most common use for Teleport in the late game is to allow a champion to splitpush a lane separately from the rest of the team and be able to teleport to regroup in case of a fight. Another use for teleport is a backdoor maneuver where a high damage per second champion places a ward inside or near the enemy base and teleports to that ward. From there that champion will attempt to bring down as many towers and inhibitors as possible.
- A teleport can also be cancelled by the caster itself by clicking on the spell again, but doing so will put the spell on a 180 seconds cooldown rather than the full 300 seconds.
- Teleport renders the targeted minion invulnerable for the duration of the teleport (when targeting a minion). It is possible to use teleport on a minion targeted by an enemy tower when teleporting to assist a push, preventing tower damage for those 4 seconds.
- Teleport particle cannot be seen through the fog of war, however any stealthed objects targeted by the spell teleport will be revealed through the fog of war.
- When using teleport on a allied tower, the tower does not become invunerable. Also, if the tower is destroyed as you are channeling, the teleport particle will vanish and you will still teleport to the location after the duration.
- While standing at an end of a wall or other standing out part of terrain, using Teleport slightly increases vision radius just around the corners in the fog of war.
Teleport can be used on any friendly minion or turret. Additionally, it can be used on a number of allied structures and creatures.
- Wards like Sight Ward and Vision Ward and this will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds.
- Flags like Jarvan IV's Demacian Standard.
- Destructible traps like Shaco's Jack In The Box and Teemo's Noxious Trap.
- Pets like Annie's Summon Tibbers, Heimerdinger's H-28G Evolution Turret, Malzahar's Voidling, Yorick's Omen of War, Omen of Pestilence and Omen of Famine.
However teleport does not work on:
- Indestructible traps like Nidalee's Bushwhack and Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap.
- Champion copies like Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave and Shaco's Hallucinate.
CLOSE ENOUGH : If Teleport is cast off-screen, it’ll search for a nearby unit to target
HI, RUMBLE : Spells can no longer be queued during Teleport’s channel time
THAT’S NOT WHERE I TELEPORTED : Teleporting to a ward nearby a thin wall no longer has a chance of placing you on the other side of it
Channel time increased. Clarity improvements for both allies and opponents.
For the power an extra champ brings to a fight, Teleport plays are generally too successful. Widening the window for enemy reaction means Teleports will more frequently fail to create advantages if teams don’t coordinate properly. At the same time, well-executed Teleport plays still deserve to be rewarded, so we’re making it easier to tell exactly where your reinforcements will come in.
CHANNEL DURATION : [3.5 seconds] ⇒ 4.5 seconds
DROP ZONE : Teleport drops its caster [in a random spot near the target] ⇒ on the side of the target closest to the caster's nexus. For example, champions now always appear behind their towers.
I SPY : Teleport's visuals are now always visible (even through Fog of War) if you have vision within 500 units of the target location
NEW COME THRU : Teleport now issues a soundless “On My Way” ping at the target location
Cooldown increased on turrets. Channel time increased.
Ah, Teleport. A summoner spell made contentious over a season's worth of scrutiny, TP simply didn't have the windows necessary to play around to make it anything short of amazing, even considering the aggressive or defensive options at your disposal. The ability to impact the map every 5 minutes isn't one to be taken lightly, and while we have other changes alongside this to disincentivize Teleport as your 'every game' choice (Rift Herald says hi), we're taking extra measures to ensure that the burden of making the most of your Teleports is even higher, and that the 'get-out-of-jail-free' card isn't as free as it seems.
COOLDOWN ON TURRET CAST : [240 seconds] ⇒ 300 seconds
CHANNEL TIME : [3.5 seconds] ⇒ 4 seconds
- [NEW] Documentation! : You can now Teleport to wards by clicking on the minimap.
We're generally happy with what the new Teleport changes are achieving, but it's a little too strong as a lane recovery ability. Particularly in competitive play we were seeing a lot of top laners constantly using Teleport as a way of stagnating the early lane rather than trying to set up for global map pressure.
- COOLDOWN: Cooldown when teleporting to towers now
200 seconds ⇒ 240 seconds
We like the offensive pressure that comes from taking Teleport, but its defensive use (ie: lane recovery or base protection) could use some love.
- "NEW" UTILITY: Teleporting to an allied turret reduces the cooldown of Teleport by 100 seconds (total 200 second cooldown. 300 seconds if Teleport is used on an object.).
- CANCELLATION PENALTY: Cancelling a Teleport in progress reduces the cooldown of Teleport to 150 seconds ⇒ 200 seconds
- Teleport particles and sound effects updated
- Fixed a bug where Teleport's "incoming" visual effect on the target unit would disappear if cast on an expiring temporary unit, such as Jarvan's Standard or Thresh's Lantern
- Fixed a bug where Teleport could be used after being affected by Crowd Control effects
- Fixed a bug where casting Cleanse could interrupt Teleport
- Summoner's Insight no longer reduces cooldown
- Fixed a rare bug with Teleport causing it to not function properly
- Fixed a bug where Champions could be pulled across the map while teleporting
- Using Summoner Teleport on a ward will no longer reveal the ward through fog of war to enemies. Instead, it will destealth the ward to be seen if an enemy is near and reveal the teleport particle through fog of war to enemies
- Teleporting to a ward will now reveal the ward to enemies for a few seconds
- Cancel delay increase to 1 second from 0.5
- Fixed a bug where Summoner Teleport refreshed your W slot's cooldown when used
- Can no longer be cast while rooted
- Now removes stealth when used
- Will now allow you to travel to all allied towers, not just the forward most towers in a lane
- Fixed a bug with Teleport where the spell could be cast on a minion right before it died, allowing the player to Teleport invisibly to a location
- Fixed a bug with Teleport where if your champion dies while teleporting, the target it is teleporting to remains bound
- Cooldown increased from 4.5 minutes to 5
- Will now cancel when stunned, rooted, silenced, netted, taunted, and slept
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown tooltip changed to correctly show the cooldown as 5 minutes
May 23, 200 Patch
- Cooldown reduced from 4 minutes to 3.5 minutes
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 4
April 11, 2009 Patch
- Reduce cooldown from 7 minutes to 5 minutes
Alpha Week 7
- Fixed cast range on Summoner Teleport
Alpha Week 6
- Cooldown decreased to 6 minutes from 7 minutes
Alpha Week 5
- Cooldown increased to 7 minutes from 3 minutes
Alpha Week 4
- Cooldown increased to 3 minutes from 2 minutes
Alpha Week 3
- No longer makes the target invulnerable
|Summoner Spell Navbox|