Team Dragon Knights
|Roster joined a new Organization.|
|Team Dragon Knights|
|Social Media and Links|
|Share this Page|
- 1 History
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Player Roster
- 4 Player LCS Participation
- 5 Organization
- 6 Team Achievements
- 7 Highlight Videos
- 8 Interviews
- 9 Articles
- 10 See Also
- 11 Gallery
- 12 External Links
- 13 References
Team Dragon Knights is a North American team. On May 8th, 2016, Riot Games issued a competitive ruling banning them from participating in any Riot-sponsored leagues.
Team Dragon Knights (TDK) formed in September 2014. They qualified for the Expansion Tournament via the Challenger ladder but did not participate in the tournament. However, after undergoing a number of roster changes they did qualify for the spring season of NACS, beating Team Frostbite and Storm in the qualifier.
TDK placed second in the season with a 7-3 record, behind Enemy eSports. In the playoffs, they beat Team Fusion 2-1 before losing to Enemy 1-3, sending them to the Summer Promotion Tournament. Despite the fact that they had placed higher than Fusion, Winterfox chose to play against them. TDK used substitute mid laner Alex Ich in their promotional matches and won 3-1, successfully qualifying for the NA LCS Summer Split. After the Promotion Tournament, TDK dropped LouisXGeeGee from their roster and acquired Emperor in his place and Ninja as their permanent mid laner, making the full roster include Seraph, Kez, Ninja, Emperor, and Smoothie.
Due to visa issues, Team Dragon Knights were unable to use their full roster for the first four weeks of the summer split, as Emperor and Ninja were unable to travel to the United States to play with the team. They instead substituted in LattmaN for Emperor and Bischu and mancloud for Ninja; Baby also substituted for Smoothie for their first three games. The substitute rosters went a combined 0-9, but when Emperor and Ninja finally joined the team for the second day of the fifth week, the team defeated first-place Team Dignitas. Despite that initial success, Team Dragon Knights were only able to secure two more victories over the next four weeks, and they finished in last place with a 3-15 record, one game behind Enemy. As a result, they were automatically relegated to the 2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Season.
In September 2015, Team Dragon Knights rebranded as Team Arena Online. However, in December, the team changed its name back to "Team Dragon Knights" because Riot Games wanted to see their new title sponsor deliver on promises to create a $1 million tournament circuit in the 2016 season before allowing a team to use their name in competition. The same day as their renaming, TDK received a competitive ruling: Co-owner Chris Shim was banned from serving any officially-recognized position on any team for the entire 2016 season, TDK itself was fined $10,000, and Ninja was suspended for two months after an attempted poaching of Samsung AD carry Fury.
Despite their roster limitations, TDK finished third in the NACS Regular Season, ahead of Team Liquid Academy and behind Ember. Prior to the playoffs, the team swapped several players with the LCS team Renegades: Alex Ich, RF Legendary, and Flaresz joined TDK while Seraph and Ninja left for Renegades. This roster change appeared to be in Renegades's favor; however, TDK still defeated Ember in the semifinals to advance to the promotion tournament. There they first faced and defeated Team Dignitas in an elimination match before losing to Renegades and then the first-place Challenger team Apex, falling just short of the LCS.
On May 8th, 2016, Riot released a competitive ruling stating that they had investigated the relationship between TDK and Renegades and found an inappropriate link between the two organizations, with the March roster trade and the sources of financial compensation to the players after the trade being one of the major problems. As a result of their findings, Riot ruled that TDK would be banned permanently from Riot-sponsored league play, and Chris Shim and Sean Shim would individually be indefinitely banned from serving in official capacity to an organization involved in official Riot league play. Despite a deadline of May 18th by which they were forced to sell their seed, it wasn't until May 23rd that the seed was announced as sold to Eanix.
- January 4th, Ohq and Bischu join.
- January 22nd, moolchael joins as a sub.
- January 23rd, Seraph joins Team Impulse on loan starting 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 2: Day 1.
- January 28th, Ohq joins Renegades on loan for 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 3: Day 1.
- February 5th, Thy, Crumbz, and Alex Ich join as subs. moolchael leaves.
- February 25th, Seraph joins Renegades on loan for 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 7.
- March 3rd, Flaresz, RF Legendary, and Trance join. Alex Ich becomes a starter. Seraph, Ninja, and Crumbz leave.
- May 8th, competitive ruling states that TDK is to sell its NACS seed by May 18th and permanently disband.
- May 13th, Ohq leaves.
- May 23rd, team sells its CS seed to Eanix.
- January 7th, Team Dragon Knights announces their new LoL roster. kina (now Seraph), Kez, Kyle, and KonKwon join. Chorong renames to LouisXGeeGee.
- February 16th (approx.), KonKwon leaves. Smoothie joins.
- March 13th (approx.), RF Legendary, Alex Ich, and Remilia join as substitutes.
- April 15th (approx.), Kyle leaves.
- April 26th, Alex Ich and RF Legendary leave.
- May 18th, Ninja joins on loan. Emperor joins. LouisXGeeGee leaves.
- May (approx.), Bischu, Jébus, LattmaN, and Baby join as substitutes.
- June 19th, mancloud joins.
- September 21st, Ninja joins permanently (previously was on loan).
- September 23rd, team renames to Team Arena Online. Seraph, Kez, Ninja, Emperor, Smoothie, Bischu, mancloud, Jébus, and LattmaN leave.
- December 18th, Team Arena Online renames to Team Dragon Knights. Chris Shim is ineligible to have any official position for any team in 2016, TDK is fined $10,000 and has to replace or resell Shim's stake in the team's ownership. Ninja is suspended until March 11th, 2016.
- December 29th, do it joins as a sub.
Formerly On Loan
|Ninja||Noh Geon-woo (노건우)||Mid||Team WE||2015 NA LCS Summer|
|Flaresz||Cuong Ta||Top||Sin Gaming|
|RF Legendary||Oleksii Kuziuta||Top||the monkeys|
|Kez||Kevin Jeon||Jungle||Echo Fox|
|Alex Ich||Alexey Ichetovkin||Mid||Team EnVyUs|
|do it||Lee Chan-ho (이찬호)||Sub/Mid||APK Prince|
|Thy||Son Seung-yong (손승용)||Sub/Mid|
|Ohq||Oh Gyu-min (오규민)||AD||NRG Esports|
|Seraph||Shin Woo-yeong (신우영)||Top||Renegades|
|Ninja||Noh Geon-woo (노건우)||Mid||Renegades|
|moolchael||Kim Young (김영)||Sub/Top|
|Emperor||Kim Jin-hyun (김진현)||AD||G2 Esports|
|Smoothie||Andy Ta||Support||Team Liquid|
|mancloud||Zachary Hoschar||Sub/Mid||Team Imagine|
|LattmaN||James Lattman||Sub/AD||Top Dog Gaming|
|Baby||Terry Chuong||Sub/Support||Team Imagine|
|RF Legendary||Oleksii Kuziuta||Sub/Top||Misfits NA|
|LouisXGeeGee||Lee Sung-jin (이성진)||AD||Team Coast|
|Alex Ich||Alexey Ichetovkin||Sub/Mid||Misfits NA|
|Kyle||Seo Ji-sun (서지선)||Mid||NKT|
|KonKwon||Kevin Kwon (권구혁)||Support||Final Five|
|Trickster||Kim Jae-hun (김재훈)||Mid||Team Curse|
Player LCS Participation
- For a full chart listing all LCS players, click here.
- Only regular season games are listed. Last update: after LCS Summer 2017 - Week 2
|Pyrex||Toby Kwon||Manager||Team EnVyUs|
|Miracle||Lee Hyeon-beom (이현범)||Coach||Team EnVyUs|
|chain||Kim Dong-woo (김동우)||Coach|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2016-04-08||NQ||2016 NA LCS Summer Promotion||0 : 3||Apex Gaming|
|2016-03-16||2nd||2016 NA Challenger Series Spring Playoffs||1 : 3||Apex Gaming||$ 7,000|
|2016-02-24||3rd||2016 NACS Spring Round Robin||1-3-1||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2015-07-26||10th||2015 NA LCS Summer Round Robin||3 : 15||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2015-04-26||Q||2015 NA LCS Summer Promotion||3 : 1||Winterfox|
|2015-04-08||2nd||2015 NA Challenger Series Spring Playoffs||1 : 3||Enemy||$ 7,000|
|2015-03-25||2nd||2015 NA Challenger Series Spring Season||7 : 3||Group Stage (W/L)||$ 10,000|
- February 9th, Hi, we're NA CS Team Dragon Knights. AMA! with reddit
- May 18th, An Emperor and his Dragon Knights: A Road of Redemption from theScore
- June 29th, Dreaming of Miracles: the debut of the real Dragon Knights from theScore
- Team Dragon Knights is now Team Arena Online, retains Seraph, Kez, and Ninja dailydot.com
- Say goodbye to Team Arena Online and hello (again) to Team Dragon Knights dailydot.com
- Competitive Ruling: Chris Shim, Geon-Woo “Ninja” Noh, & Jin-Yong “Fury” Lee lolesports.com
- Competitive Ruling: Renegades and TDK lolesports.com
- Eanix acquires Team Dragon Knights' NACS spot thescoreesports.com
- Arena Online's Tweet twitter.com
- Team Dragon Knights' Tweet twitter.com
- Ohq to substitute for Freeze renegades.gg
- Seraph to play top lane for Week 7 renegades.gg
- In trade with TDK, Renegades swap Flaresz, Alex Ich, and Trance for Ninja and Seraph dailydot.com
- NRG's Tweet twitter.com
- Team Dragon Knights' Facebook Post facebook.com
- Kwon's TwitLonger twitlonger.com
- Team Dragon Knights' Tweet twitter.com
- Ninja no longer on contract with Team WE, officially joins TDK dailydot.com
- Ninja's Tweet twitter.com
- “do it” Joins TDK to Sub for Ninja Following Suspension blog.arenaonline.com