|Roster joined a new Organization.|
|Sister Team (Former):||Renegades: Banditos|
|Social Media and Links|
|Share this Page|
Renegades (formerly Misfits) was a North American team. In May 2016, they sold their roster and LCS spot to Team EnVyUs.
Renegades was initially announced as an unnamed Challenger team in early March 2015 by Chris Badawi. The team's first roster included former LCS stars mid laner Alex Ich and jungler Crumbzz, along with solo queue star support Remilia. After tryouts for the remaining two positions, top laner RF Legendary and AD carry Intense joined the team, and they named themselves Misfits. In April, Misfits participated in the AlphaDraft Challenger League (ADCL) and dropped only a single game during the regular season round robin, finishing 11-1 in first place. After the ADCL regular season ended, Intense left the team. Stixxay joined as a substitute AD carry and played with the team for the bracket stage of the ADCL, and they won the tournament, beating Frank Fang Gaming in the finals.
Misfits played under the name The Expendables6 on the Challenger Ladder and were in third place at the cut-off date for NA Challenger Series (NACS) Summer Qualifier participation. Danish AD Carry Jebus joined as the team's final permanent member, replacing Stixxay, but his first appearance was delayed due to visa issues. In the NACS Qualifier, Misfits played against Also Known As, Team Liquid Academy, and Magnetic, using two different substitute AD carries — Maplestreet against Also Known As and Magnetic, and Nien against Team Liquid Academy. Misfits swept their competition with three consecutive 2-0 victories and qualified for the Summer Season. The team shortly thereafter renamed to Renegades, with caster and former coach Chris "MonteCristo" Mykles joining as the team's co-owner.
Prior to the start of the Challenger Series, Riot Games published a competitive ruling regarding team owner Chris Badawi claiming that he had inappropriately attempted to persuade otherwise contracted players to join the team (then Misfits), including Team Liquid's Quas and Keith. The ruling stated that if Renegades were to qualify for the LCS, Badawi would have to drop his ownership stake in the team. Multiple parties reacted to the ruling, including MonteCristo and Badawi himself, who both protested the fairness of the ruling; and team owners and managers Steve "LiQuiD112" Arhancet of Team Liquid, Reginald of Team SoloMid, and Jack Etienne of Cloud9, who spoke out in support of it.
Renegades finished the Challenger Series regular season with an 8-2 record and in second place, after losing a tiebreaker to Team Coast. However, in the playoffs, they defeated Imagine 2-1 and then Coast 3-2, earning a berth in the 2016 NA LCS Spring Season.
After a long period of speculation that he would be their AD carry in 2016, Freeze officially joined Renegades on January 6th. However, after playing for the first week, Freeze missed the next three games and was replaced by LOD and then Ohq. After the third week, Remi stepped down from the starting lineup and was replaced by Hakuho. Renegades also moved their sub Flaresz to the starting toplane position alongside RF Legendary.
Renegades was faced with significant roster instability in the spring season, as first AD carry Freeze was unable to play for three games early on in the split, and then Remilia stepped down one game after his return. RF Legendary was also replaced by Flaresz for three games later on. In week 7, Team Dragon Knights's top laner Seraph was loaned to Renegades as a substitute, and the team snapped their 12-game losing streak. Going into the eighth week, Renegades and TDK traded several players, with Seraph and Ninja joining Renegades as top and mid laner, respectively, while RF Legendary, Flaresz, and Alex Ich departed. This roster finally proved successful, but it was too little too late, and the team was only able to improve to 8th place in the league, after winning a tiebreaker against Team Impulse. In the Summer Promotion Tournament, Renegades beat TDK 3-0 and qualified for the summer season.
On May 8th, Riot released a competitive ruling stating that Renegades would be forced to sell their LCS seed due to multiple rule violations, and Chris Badawi would be permanently banned from "association or affiliation with any team or organization participating in a Riot-sanctioned league". On May 18th, Team EnVyUs was announced as the new brand.
- January 6th, Freeze joins.
- January 7th, Maplestreet rejoins as a sub. Caedrel joins as a sub.
- January 22nd, LOD joins on loan from Ember for 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 2, substituting for Freeze.
- January 28th, Ohq joins on loan from Team Dragon Knights for 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 3: Day 1.
- January 29th, Flaresz joins as a sub.
- February 4th, Remi moves to substitute. Hakuho joins.
- February 7th, Flaresz moves to starter. RF Legendary moves to sub.
- February 20th, RF Legendary moves back to starter. Flaresz moves back to sub.
- February 25th, Seraph joins on loan from Team Dragon Knights for 2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 7, substituting for RF Legendary.
- March 3rd, Seraph and Ninja join. RF Legendary, Alex Ich, and Flaresz leave.
- March 8th, Caedrel and Remi leave.
- March 9th, Leonyx becomes a sub.
- May 7th, Freeze leaves.
- May 8th, team is forced to sell their LCS seed due to multiple rule violations.
- May 13th, Crumbz leaves.
- May 18th, roster is acquired by Team EnVyUs. Seraph, Ninja, Hakuho, Maplestreet, and Leonyx leave.
- March 9th, team is announced. Crumbzz (now Crumbz), Alex Ich, and Remilia (now Remi) join.
- March (approx.), Intense and RF Legendary join after tryouts.
- April 23rd, Mason Long steps down as manager.
- April 24th, Leonyx joins as manager.
- May 4th, Intense leaves. Stixxay joins as a substitute AD, with the permanent role still open.
- May 14th, Jébus joins.
- May 16th, Stixxay leaves. maplestreet joins as a substitute.
- June 19th, Misfits rebrands to Renegades. MonteCristo joins as co-owner. 
- June 24th, Chris "Doombang" Badawi is banned from LCS team ownership through the remainder of the 2015 season and the duration of the 2016 season.
- September 5th, Jébus leaves.
- October 7th, maplestreet leaves.
Formerly On Loan
|Seraph||Shin Woo-yeong (신우영)||Top||Team Dragon Knights||2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 7|
|Ohq||Oh Gyu-min (오규민)||AD||Team Dragon Knights||2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 3: Day 1|
|LOD||Benjamin deMunck||AD||Ember||2016 NA LCS Spring Season - Week 2|
|Seraph||Shin Woo-yeong (신우영)||Top||Team EnVyUs|
|Ninja||Noh Geon-woo (노건우)||Mid||Team EnVyUs|
|Hakuho||Nickolas Surgent||Support||Team EnVyUs|
|Maplestreet||Ainslie Wyllie||Sub/AD||Destined For Glory|
|Crumbz||Alberto Rengifo||Jungle||Apex Gaming|
|Caedrel||Marc Robert Lamont||Sub/Mid||Copenhagen Wolves|
|Remi||Maria Creveling||Sub/Support||Kaos Latin Gamers|
|RF Legendary||Oleksii Kuziuta||Top||Team Dragon Knights|
|Alex Ich||Alexey Ichetovkin||Mid||Team Dragon Knights|
|Flaresz||Cuong Ta||Sub/Top||Team Dragon Knights|
|Jébus||Karim Tokhi||AD||Team ROCCAT|
|Stixxay||Trevor Hayes||Sub/AD||CLG Black|
|Intense||Ritchie Ngo||AD||Odyssey Gaming|
Player LCS Participation
- For a full chart listing all LCS players, click here.
- Only regular season games are listed. Last update: after LCS Spring 2017
|Leonyx||Rob Lee||Head Manager||Immortals|
|Matt||Matt Akhavan||Assistant Manager||Team EnVyUs|
|Hermes||David Tu||Coach||Team EnVyUs|
|Daku||Hussain Moosvi||Head Analyst||Misfits|
|MLong||Mason Long||Manager||Cloud9 Challenger|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2016-04-07||Q||2016 NA LCS Summer Promotion||3 : 0||Team Dragon Knights|
|2016-03-20||8th||2016 NA LCS Spring Round Robin||5 : 13||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2015-08-12||1st||2015 NA Challenger Series Summer Playoffs||3 : 2||Team Coast||$ 10,000|
|2015-07-22||2nd||2015 NA Challenger Series Summer Season||8 : 2||Group Stage (W/L)||$ 10,000|
- January 14th, The Man behind the Bandana - Rob Leonyx Lee Interview with Esports Heaven
- February 9th, REN Leonyx on Remi Leaving NA LCS, Renegades Performance & Substitutes with DailyDot
- March 23rd, RNG Hermes: We'll be playing as if we were the underdog with Yahoo
- April 20th, Renegades' Manager Leonyx: 'If we are able to keep Ninja and Seraph, I guarantee a top two' with theScore
- March 9th, Alex Ich & Crumbzz to form Challenger team with theScore eSports
Articles and Videos
- March 22nd, How traditional sports influenced Renegades’ style by Vince Nairn on Slingshot Esports
- April 6th, Lineup changes spark Renegades by Joe "Pistallion" Cannavino on Slingshot Esports
- Alex Ich & Crumbzz to form Challenger team thescoreesports.com
-  dailydot.com
- Misfits rebrands as Renegades, picks up Vox Eminor CS:GO team, adds MonteCristo as co-owner dailydot.com
- Competitive ruling: Chris Badawi na.lolesports.com
- Badawi’s Ban – Statement renegades.gg
- Hello, I'm Chris Badawi. My thoughts and perspective on my ban by Riot reddit.com
- LCS Team Owners Allege Badawi Previously Attempted To Break League Rules gamespot.com
- Maplestreet's tweet twitter.com
- Renegades to Hold Open Tryouts for ADC renegades.gg
- Cold Wind Blows: Freeze youtube.com
- Renegades welcome Freeze renegades.gg
- Remi Stepping Down renegades.gg
- Welcoming Hakuho as starting support renegades.gg
- In trade with TDK, Renegades swap Flaresz, Alex Ich, and Trance for Ninja and Seraph dailydot.com
- Competitive Ruling: Renegades and TDK lolesports.com
- EnVyUs to join N.A. LCS, picks up Seraph, Ninja, Hakuho espn.go.com
- Benjamin to step in for Freeze renegades.gg
- Ohq to substitute for Freeze renegades.gg
- Seraph to play top lane for Week 7 renegades.gg
- Freeze leaves twitter.com
- Crumbz becomes a free agent twitter.com
- No longer the manager of Misfits twitlonger.com
- Leonyx's tweet twitter.com
- Intense's Tweet twitlonger.com
- Meet The Misfits lolesports.com
- Competitive ruling: Chris Badawi lolesports.com