|Name:||Alfonso Aguirre Rodríguez|
|Country of Birth:||Spain|
|Birthday:||October 5, 1994|
|Soloqueue IDs:||GoldPoro4 (NA), LD mithy, HC mithy, Wizards Mithy, G2미티김치갓 (KR), Muito prazer (BR)|
|Social Media and Links|
| Team History|
|Share this Page|
Alfonso "mithy" Aguirre Rodríguez is the support for G2 Esports.
Alfonso "mithy" Aguirre Rodríguez is a League of Legends player from Gran Canaria, Spain. The first notable game that he played was Pokemon. He played Counter-Strike: Source, then moved on to playing World of Warcraft on a private server where most premier PvP players would play.
He then played Bloodline Champions competitively and went to DreamHack Summer 2011 as a substitute, meeting Noonia and MegaZero during the event and placing 6th. He would go to DreamHack Winter 2011, this time winning the tournament under the x6tence banner. One of the factors that contributed to his team's success was his own adjustment to playing on a LAN environment (where ping would be negligible, as compared to 120 ping from the Canari Islands). He would mostly play the Spear Master bloodline.
He was introduced to League of Legends through a public chat within BLC. He moved full-time to League of Legends in January 1st, 2012, as soon as the Bloodline Champions servers were moved to Sweden, which had the immediate effect of increasing his ping from 120 to 180.
On March 28th, 2014, Mithy was fined $500 USD for using offensive, racist language in a League of Legends game lobby.
On June 6th, 2014, mithy was suspended from the League Championship Series and the Challenger Series through the end of 2014 due to extremely toxic behavior in solo queue. This behavior included, but was not limited to, in game harassment, verbal abuse, and continual use of racial slurs.
On December 19th, 2014 Mithy's banned was lifted by Riot, leaving him free to play in the 2015 LCS and Challenger Series. Soon after his ban was lifted, Mithy joined Origen, a new European Challenger team formed by xPeke after he left Fnatic. Teammates Amazing, and Niels joined at the same time, and sOAZ became their top laner.
Mithy and Origen qualified for the EUCS Spring Qualifier via the Challenger Ladder, where they beat Millenium Spirit in their bracket final, securing their qualification to the EUCS Spring Season. Origen were unbeaten until their penultimate game of the split, against LowLandLions.White, and despite dropping that one game easily secured first place in the regular season. Origen also placed highly in tournaments throughout this period, winning the ESL MWC Challenge and Gamers Assembly 2015. The Spring Playoffs saw Origen beat Reason Gaming in the semifinals 2-1 and then going on to sweep Copenhagen Wolves Academy (the team formerly known as LowLandLions.White) in the final to win the tournament and secure automatic qualification to the LCS Summer Season. Notably, their last game against CW Academy ended on a Zed backdoor by xPeke reminiscent of his famous backdoor at IEM Katowice in 2013, and the team would become known for its backdoor plays to win games.
Throughout the EU LCS Summer Season, Origen jostled for 2nd position with H2k-Gaming, while Fnatic sat far ahead in an undefeated 1st place throughout. Impressive individual performances including Mithy's Thresh helped the team to a 2nd place regular season finish, and with it a bye past the Summer Playoffs quarterfinal round. In the semifinals, Origen faced off against rivals H2k and won 3-1; perhaps even more impressively, they took two games off Fnatic in the finals despite ultimately losing the series. Their second-place overall finish earned Origen 90 Championship Points, enough for the second seed in the 2015 Season Europe Regional Finals. There, they beat Team ROCCAT in a 3-2 series and then Unicorns of Love in an easy 3-0 and successfully qualified for the 2015 World Championship, where they would play as Europe's #3 seed.
At the 2015 World Championship, Origen were drawn into Group D along with Team SoloMid, KT Rolster, and LGD Gaming. Origen went 3-0 in the 1st week of the round robin and ended the group with a 4-2 record, meaning they would advance to the knockout stage of the tournament. Origen won their quarterfinal series 3-1 against the Flash Wolves, becoming the first Western team to win a best-of-five at a World Championship, but were later knocked out by SK Telecom T1 in the semifinals.
Origen and mithy competed at IEM San Jose, and were given a bye to the semifinals due to Fnatic's withdrawal from the tournament. The team fielded their roster from the previous season, but with PowerOfEvil in the mid lane and xPeke taking a coaching role. They took down Team SoloMid in the semifinals, and went on to beat Counter Logic Gaming in the final - winning the tournament without losing a single game.
Origen's performance at IEM San Jose resulted in their qualification to the IEM World Championship. At the tournament, they first lost to Royal Never Give Up in the upper bracket of their group before then losing to Team SoloMid in the lower bracket, resulting in the team's elimination from the tournament.
After the end of the spring split, Mithy and Zven left Origen and joined G2 Esports.
- Has held several character names in his WoW days, all based around 'Mythic'. Through several iterations, he ended up with mithy as his final character name (and summoner name).
- Has climbed the ladder playing only Supports (mainly using Sona, Blitzcrank and Alistar). The Blitzcrank pick is still in effect in solo queue.
- He has a pet cat.
- Has a passion for discovering fine food products (i.e. from restaurants).
- His favorite drink is Nestea - Pineapples and Mango. It is only available in the Canari Islands.
- Looks up to MadLife as a player.
|2017-05-21||2017 Mid-Season Invitational||G2 Esports 1 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2017-04-23||2017 EU LCS Spring Playoffs||G2 Esports 3 : 1 Unicorns Of Love|
|2017-02-26||IEM Season 11 - World Championship||G2 Esports 0 : 2 Flash Wolves|
|2016-08-28||2016 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||G2 Esports 3 : 1 Splyce|
|2016-04-17||2016 EU LCS Spring Playoffs||Origen 1 : 3 G2 Esports|
|2015-11-22||IEM Season X - San Jose||Origen 3 : 0 Counter Logic Gaming|
|2015-10-24||2015 Season World Championship||Origen 0 : 3 SK Telecom T1|
|2015-08-31||2015 Season Europe Regional Finals||Origen 3 : 0 Unicorns Of Love|
|2015-08-23||2015 EU LCS Summer Playoffs||Origen 2 : 3 Fnatic|
|2015-04-08||2015 EU Challenger Series Spring Playoffs||Origen 3 : 0 CW Academy|
|2015-04-06||Gamers Assembly 2015||Origen 3 : 0 Millenium|
|2015-03-25||2015 EU Challenger Series Spring Season||Origen 9 : 1 Group Stage (W/L)|
|2015-03-04||ESL MWC Challenge||Origen 2 : 0 Gamers2|
|2014-05-19||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 6||Ninjas in Pyjamas 3 : 0 Gamers2|
|2014-05-07||Solomid EU Tournament Circuit/Invitational 5||Rest In Pepperonis 3 : 1 Gamers2|
|2014-04-19||Copenhagen Games 2014||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-04-11||2014 EU Challenger Series Playoffs||Ninjas in Pyjamas 1 : 3 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-03-20||2014 EU Challenger Series #2||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 Denial eSports EU|
|2014-02-14||2014 EU Challenger Series #1||Ninjas in Pyjamas 0 : 2 Cloud9 Eclipse|
|2014-02-02||FACEIT Challenger Invitational||Ninjas in Pyjamas 2 : 0 SK Gaming Prime|
|2014-01-28||EUW Challenger Series #18||Ninjas in Pyjamas 3 : 0 The Fox Sound|
|2013-08-25||LCS Europe Season 3 Summer Playoffs||Lemondogs 1 : 3 Fnatic|
|2013-06-17||DreamHack Summer 2013||Heimerdinger's Colossi 0 : 2 Copenhagen Wolves|
|2013-06-05||EUW Challenger Series #7||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 mousesports|
|2013-06-01||SCAN & NVIDIA EUW Invitational||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Eternity Gaming|
|2013-05-30||EUW Challenger Series #6||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 Dongsquad|
|2013-05-23||EUW Challenger Series #5||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 0 peculiar gaming|
|2013-05-16||EUW Challenger Series #4||Heimerdinger's Colossi 3 : 2 Absolute Legends|
- February 16th, Player Spotlight: Mithy with LoL Esports
- March 3rd, Mithy: "Ich gebe mein Bestes" with Sport1
- April 6th, Mithy on unique styles: "The meta is so set. If you find something.. everyone copies it in a second" with Blitz Esports
- May 5th, Sjokzin' Around: Hipster Party with Mithy with LoL Esports
- May 11th, Mithy on G2's first day and their latest international appearance: 'European teams have a trend to play very weird and bad, in my opinion.' with Yahoo Esports
- May 12th, G2 Mithy: "Brazilian fans were cheering for me whether I win or lose." with Inven Global
- May 14th, Mithy breaks down the end of the G2 vs TSM match, explains why G2 has it harder internationally with Yahoo Esports
- February 2nd, Mithy on Origen's performance: 'I was not surprised we went 1-3' with theScore Esports
- March 18th, Mithy: "Zven hat zu sehr versucht, zu carrien" with SPORT1
- March 19th, Mithy on Origen's mid laners: 'When we're playing with both PowerofEvil gets to learn a bit more' with theScore Esports
- June 13th, eSports - "Mithy" G2: "Winning is fun, do not play" with Sport1
- June 20th, Mithy: Game 1 against UoL 'made me realize...it should be more Trick shotcalling than me' with theScore Esports
- August 29th, Mithy: Splyce and UoL - favorites on Worlds Square with Redbull
- September 26th, Past to Present: The Story of Mithy with theScore Esports
- December 10th, Mithy: ‘We had a lot of team talks… in the end we decided that we wanted to stick together.’ with Yahoo! Esports
- December 30th, G2 Mithy: The most down moment I had was also the moment where I grew the most with Esports Heaven
- May 29th, Ask The Pros: Origen's Mithy with LoL Esports
- October 6th, Mithy on 3-0: "It Definitely Shows the Asian Teams Aren't Unbeatable Anymore" with Gamespot
- October 10th, Mithy on Origen's shotcalling and the surprise of being at Worlds with LoL Esports
- April 22nd, A closer look at Mithy’s heroic performance in the EU LCS finals by Arian "potato" Hajdin on Slingshot Esports
- May 17th, The Top 10 Supports of Spring 2016 by Kelsey Moser on theScore
- September 23rd, The need for a villain: mithy and the elevation of G2's macro game by Kelsey Moser on theScore Esports
- October 16th, Unbench the Kench with Mithy from LoL Esports
- Febraury 17th, Logbook: Chapter one with xPeke & mithy
- Esports Competition Ruling: Fining of Nukeduck and Mithy forums.na.leagueoflegends.com
- League of Legends Competition Ruling - Suspension of Nukeduck and Mithy euw.leagueoflegends.com
- End of Suspension Review: Alfonso “mithy” Aguirre Rodriguez lolesports.com
- Origen's Twitter Post twitter.com
- Introducing Origen’s top laner origen.gg