| Background Information
|| Galen Holgate
| Country of Birth:
|| North America
| Previous Role:
| Soloqueue IDs:
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
| Share this Page
Galen "Moon" Holgate is the jungler for FlyQuest.
Galen "Moon" Holgate joined Frank Fang Gaming in March 2015, part of a new roster that included himself, LattmaN, BonQuish, BrandonFtw, and goldenglue. The team quickly became a favorite in the Challenger scene and took second place in the AlphaDraft Challenger League, behind Misfits. However, after they were eliminated in the first round of the NACS Summer Qualifier by Cloud9 Tempest, the team disbanded. Moon received offers from multiple teams that had qualified and first played a game with Winterfox in the second week of the NACS summer season before joining Team Imagine, where he started as their jungler in the third week of the season when the team fully replaced their starting lineup.
Imagine finished fourth in the regular season, with a 6-4 record. In the 2015 NACS Summer Playoffs, they lost in the semifinals to eventual tournament winner Renegades, but won the third place match against Cloud 9 Tempest to secure a spot in the 2016 LCS Promotion Tournament. Chosen by Team 8, they lost 3-1 - out of LCS qualification, but regardless retaining their 2016 NACS spring season placement.
Moon joined NRG, a new team that purchased Team Coast's spot for the NA LCS 2016 Spring Season, in November 2015. NRG started the LCS strong, tied for either first or second place through the first four weeks, but after the fifth week they fell down to fifth place and remained there for the rest of the season. They were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
Moon joined Team Liquid Academy in May.
- January 22nd, Moon on FlyQuest's all American roster: 'A lot of teams have Koreans and imports and there’s always problems with that' with theScore Esports
- January 24th, Moon on FlyQuest: “We didn’t have computers (for practice) or anything, so we weren’t really expecting much this first week.” with Slingshot Esports
- January 30th, FlyQuest's resurgent Moon: 'Dardoch's my rival' with ESPN
- January 31st, FlyQuest Moon: ‘I’m learning a lot but our scrims are really, really terrible right now’ with Yahoo Esports
- February 8th, Moon on his practice routine: ‘I spend an hour in Sandbox mode every day testing stuff’ with Yahoo Esports
- February 22cd, Moon talks about FlyQuest's scrim performance, his time with TLA, and learning to shot-call from Hai with Blitz Esports
- March 9th, Moon: “After a win or a loss, you want to have a positive mindset.” with Slingshot Esports
- March 10th, Moon x Akaadian: two junglers discuss their rivalry and hint at a secret language with Yahoo Esports
- March 29th, FlyQuest Moon on the team’s performance ‘We didn’t have any effective practice for the entire split’ with Yahoo Esports
- April 7th, Moon Rising - A Yahoo Esports Feature with Yahoo Esports
- April 11th, Moon on his mentality after falling behind 2-0 to CLG: “I thought we would just lose 3-0, to be honest.” with Slingshot Esports
- April 12th, Moon on Evelynn pick: 'I shouldn't have picked it, if we had lost I would have been so depressed' with Yahoo Esports
- April 19th, FlyQuest's Moon: 'I guess I’ve just grown up? I guess I’m not a kid anymore.' with Yahoo Esports
- April 27th, FLY Moon on the NA finals pigeon: ‘I was scared for my life’ with Yahoo Esports
- April 27th, Moon on Vancouver crowd: “It was way better than I imagined.” with Slingshot Esports
- June 6th, Moon on losing to Akaadian, missing Akaadian, and never being as buff as Akaadian with Blitz Esports
- June 8th, Moon on FlyQuest: “I think a lot of my players would consider retiring and stuff like that if they don’t make worlds.” with Slingshot Esports
- ↑ Team Liquid Academy brings on Goldenglue, Solo, Stunt, and Moon espn.go.com