| Background Information
|| Matthew Elento
| Country of Birth:
|| North America
|| Team Liquid
| Soloqueue IDs:
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
| Share this Page
Matthew "Matt" Elento is a support for Team Liquid. He was formerly known as Matlife.
Matthew "Matt" Elento was a substitute for Gravity in the 2015 NA LCS Season but never started for them. In May 2015, he also joined Team Liquid Academy and played for them in multiple tournaments, including the NACS 2015 Summer Qualifier and the HTC Ascension tournament. He also substituted for Vortex in week 2 of the NACS Summer Season.
Team Liquid Academy made it through the NACS 2016 Spring Open Qualifier and Main Qualifier without dropping a single game, easily qualifying for the NACS Spring Season. Additionally, Team Liquid announced that all members of TL Academy would also be active substitutes on the main Team Liquid roster for the spring season of the LCS.
After one game, that meant for Matt that he would be a permanent member of the LCS roster, and he replaced Smoothie for the rest of the season as Piglet's support. Matt became known for his Bard, though his highest winrates were with Alistar and Janna. Team Liquid finished fourth in the regular season, going on to defeat NRG in the quarterfinals before losing a narrow five-game series to Counter Logic Gaming (the eventual champions) and then a 3-0 to Immortals to end in fourth overall, continuing the team's "fourth-place curse."
Despite Dardoch's stellar spring split performance, on May 27th, he was suspended by the team for "behavioral problems and team dynamics issues" ahead of the Summer Split. Liquid Academy jungler Moon was used for the team's first series instead, which they lost, and by the end of the week Dardoch was starting again, where he remained through the end of the Playoffs. Soon after Dardoch's return, Fabbbyyy was also traded to the main Team Liquid roster, this time in exchange for Piglet. This roster of Lourlo, Dardoch, Fenix, Fabbbyyy, and Matt stabilized, and the team finished in fifth place with a 9-9 series record. In the playoffs, they shook up their roster once again, substituting in Jynthe for their third game against CLG after two losses. Jynthe won his first game, but Team Liquid ultimately lost the series 3-1 and then also lost in the first round of the Regional Finals to Team EnVyUs, this time with both Jynthe at AD carry and former substitute mid laner Arcsecond jungling.
- January 18th, Despite loss, Team Liquid support Matt remains optimistic with Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- February 2nd, Interview with TL Matt about his favourite picks, masteries and facing IMT with Dignitas
- February 7th, Matt on improving his play: 'I'm still a work in progress' with theScore
- March 3rd, TL Matt: "Most support players, especially in this region, just don't really put that much time into just one champion." with Yahoo
- March 23rd, TL Matt: We're always going to be expecting to win with Yahoo
- March 25th, Matt: ‘My expectations are getting a lot higher, now I want to be a world class player’ with theScore
- April 2nd, Q&A: Matt “Matt” Elento on Team Liquid Academy, adjusting to the LCS and keeping his composure with Vince Nairn on Slingshot Esports
- April 8th, [LoL] Head-to-Head: Matt vs. Aphromoo with theScore
- April 15th, LoL NA LCS: 1 on 1 with Team Liquid - Matt with ESPN
- June 13th, Matt on Liquids's performance so far: 'It's been pretty abysmal' with Yahoo!
- July 6th, TL Matt explains why he is disappointed with the way Riot handled the pause for their Friday remake with Yahoo!
- July 18th, Matt on adjusting his playstyle to fit fabbbyyy and the biggest takeaway from TL’s loss against TSM with theScore
- ↑ Dardoch Suspension teamliquidpro.com