| Background Information
|| Jang Gyeong-hwan (장경환)
| Country of Birth:
|| February 12, 1991
|| Afreeca Freecs
| Favorite champions:
| Soloqueue IDs:
|| 아옳옳옳아옳옳, 김정균, Disney Stitch, SKT T1 MaRin, SKT T1 마가린
| Social Media and Links
| Team History
| Share this Page
Jang "MaRin" Gyeong-hwan (Hangul: 장경환) is the top laner for Afreeca Freecs.
Jang "MaRin" Gyeong-hwan joined SK Telecom T1 2 as a sub in 2013. He was an official sub for them in HOT6iX Champions Summer 2013 but he did not play any games.
MaRin first joined the competitive scene when SK Telecom T1 1 was rebuilt around him on October 12th, 2013. The team renamed to SK Telecom T1 S a few months later. They qualified for PANDORA.TV Champions Winter 2013-2014 where they failed to make it past the group stage. At HOT6iX Champions Spring 2014, S failed to make it out of groups once again. The team's best result came at HOT6iX Champions Summer 2014 where they made it to the semifinals but ultimately placed 4th after losing 3-2 to the KT Rolster Arrows and then being swept 3-0 by Samsung White.
With the changes to the OGN rules, S and their sister team SK Telecom T1 K were forced to merge to form SK Telecom T1. With K's top laner, Impact, departing from the team, MaRin was given the starting position for top. The team participated in SBENU Champions Spring 2015 where they won the championship after beating the GE Tigers in the finals 3-0. SK Telecom's victory qualified them for the 2015 Mid-Season Invitational where they made it to finals but lost 3-2 to EDward Gaming. SKT placed first in the regular season of SBENU Champions Summer 2015 after only dropping one set the whole season. They beat KT Rolster 3-0 in the finals of the playoffs to qualify for the 2015 Season World Championship as the top seed from Korea. SKT was placed in a group at worlds alongside EDG, Bangkok Titans, and H2k Gaming. They went undefeated all the way to the finals, beating AHQ e-Sports Club and Origen in the playoffs along the way. They met the KOO Tigers in the finals and beat them 3-1 to give the organization its second World Championship.
SKT played in the 2015 LoL KeSPA Cup where they lost 2-0 in the semifinals to Ever. MaRin left SK Telecom in November of 2015 and joined LGD Gaming.
- Reached rank 1 and 11 in Challenger 1 (KR) on multiple accounts.
- Known for his plays and roams in the top lane.
- Marin is known for his Maokai since he never lost as Maokai before he left SKT.
- May 8th, Who's No. 1 in top lane? MaRin says it's him or Koro with LoL Esports
- May 9th, Faker and MaRin press conference: "I think [Febiven] will become a great player" with theScore
- May 9th, MaRin: Winning MSI will make me the best top laner in the world with the Daily Dot
- October 2nd, Marin on Fiora, playing against H2k and the results of Day 1 with theScore
- October 3rd, SKT MaRin: "Huni is a really strong player" with Fragbite
- October 3rd, EDG vs SKT - Marin Interview with Twitch
- October 9th, SKT emerges undefeated from the Group Stage with LoL Esports
- October 23rd, SKT's Faker and MaRin discuss their upcoming match against Origen and look ahead to 2016 with theScore
- December 16th, MaRin on 2016: 'I'm placing a lot of importance on meeting SKT...' with theScore
- December 28th, Interview with MaRin and Eimy of LGD: “As long as I call pro gaming my profession, my constant goal is to win the World Championship.” with News of Legends
SKT T1 S MaRin 2014 Summer
- ↑ LGD-Gaming's Tweet twitter.com