|Coaches:||Kim "SSONG" Sang-soo |
|Analysts:||Brendan "Loyotalol" Schilling |
Nick "Lufty" Luft
|Managers:||Nick "Swaguhsaurus" Phan |
Kang "Dodo" Jun-hyeok
|Social Media and Links|
|Share this Page|
- 1 History
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Timeline
- 4 Player Roster
- 5 Player LCS Participation
- 6 Organization
- 7 Team Achievements
- 8 Articles
- 9 Interviews
- 10 Videos
- 11 Highlight Videos
- 12 See Also
- 13 External Links
- 14 Gallery
- 15 References
Immortals is a North American team.
Immortals was announced on October 7th, 2015 as a new esports franchise and also the new brand of Team 8, with that roster being their first of multiple planned esports teams. Soon after the team's creation, support player Dodo8 became the team's player manager, retiring from competitive play. Immortals ended up with an entirely different roster from the Team 8 players that they started with: on December 8th, they announced Huni, Reignover, Pobelter, WildTurtle, and Adrian as their roster for the 2016 season.
2016 NA LCS Spring Split
Expected to be a top team in the LCS, Immortals initially exceeded all expectations as they went undefeated for the first six weeks of the season before losing one game to reigning champions Counter Logic Gaming in week 7. They won the rest of their regular season games, but as the season progressed further they looked weaker and weaker as a team, and even seemed to falter against the last-place Team Dignitas, needing to come back against them to pull out a win. With a top seed clinched into the playoffs, Immortals were guaranteed to face the lowest-seed team that won in the quarterfinals. That team ended up being Team Solomid, who were on a strong upswing after a sixth-place regular season finish. With questionable drafts including a Lucian top for Huni in game 1, Urgot mid for Pobelter in game 2, and three games of Karma support for Adrian as well as not a single contest of the strongly-in-meta Ekko, Immortals lost 3-0 to TSM. They came back the next week to beat Team Liquid and finish in third place overall.
2016 NA LCS Summer Split
Expectations for Immortals going into the Summer Season were again high, after they were one of only three NA teams not to change any players in the mid-season break, and while they nearly repeated their spring split record - this time dropping only two of eighteen series in the new best of 3 format as opposed to 1 best of 1 - they were indisputably the second-best team in the league. TSM with new rookie star support Biofrost went 17-1 in series, and they bested Immortals in both of their head-to-head series. Immortals still had a playoff bye, and so they were able to avoid TSM in the semis, instead facing the third-place Cloud9. In a back-and-forth five-game series, Immortals were upset and faced CLG in the third-place match, which they came back from a disastrous game 1 to win 3-2. Unfortunately, despite their combined 33-3 regular season record, Immortals only had 120 Championship Points compared to CLG's 130, and so it was CLG who won the automatic second-place 2016 Season World Championship seed from North America. And even though Immortals had the top seed in the Regional Finals, they were upset once again by Cloud9, and their season ended short of Worlds.
Immortals's one-year player contracts lapsed in November 2016, and four of their five players departed the team. Jungler Reignover first left for Team Liquid, while top laner Huni joined three-time World Champions SK Telecom T1, splitting up the iconic duo of two years. Veteran support Adrian moved on to Phoenix1, and AD carry WildTurtle rejoined his former team, Team SoloMid. Immortals's head coach Dylan Falco left for Team EnVyUs, leaving only Pobelter, who signed a new two-year contract, on the Immortals roster from 2016.
The new roster featured a blend of veteran LCS talent and international expertise, as Immortals signed on Team Liquid's former starting jungler Dardoch, LCK veteran Flame in the top lane, Hong Kong Esports support Olleh, and finally Dream Team AD carry Cody Sun (formerly Massacre).
Immortals's new roster faced its first professional competition at IEM Gyeonggi in December 2016. Cloud9 had initially qualified as the second-best North American team, but then received an automatic invitation to the IEM World Championship, leaving the Gyeonggi berth to Immortals. At the South Korean tournament, Immortals bested the LMS' J Team in both best-of-one and best-of-three, despite a loss to Samsung Galaxy, and qualified for the tournament semifinals. There, Immortals lost a series to Kongdoo Monster and were eliminated.
2017 NA LCS Spring Split
Immortals competed in the spring split of the 2017 NA LCS, establishing themselves as a solid mid-tier team through the first half of the split.
- In their second game of the NA LCS 2016 Spring Split, Immortals both set the record for the fastest game to date in NA LCS history and also achieved the second perfect game ever in NA LCS history.
- January 5th, Jummychu leaves.
- January (approx.), Leonyx becomes a sub.
- January 18th, Jish joins as assistant head coach.
- March 8th, Chorong joins as a sub.
- March 15th, Swaguhsaurus joins as general manager.
- March (approx.), Leonyx leaves.
- April 27th, Jish leaves coaching role.
- May 5th, Hermes leaves coaching role.
- May 12th, Xmithie joins. Dardoch leaves.
- May 16th, Stunt joins as a sub. Chorong renames to AnDa.
- May 18th, SSONG joins as head coach.
- January 7th, Impactful and Jummychu join as subs.
- May 18th, Jesiz joins as assistant coach.
- June 25th, Impactful leaves. Dodo8 becomes a sub.
- November 16th, Hermes joins as strategic coach.
- November 22nd, Adrian leaves.
- November 23rd, Reignover leaves.
- November 25th, Dylan Falco leaves coaching role.
- December 1st, Huni leaves. Jesiz leaves coaching role.
- December 5th, WildTurtle leaves.
- December 7th, Dardoch joins.
- December 8th, Massacre (now Cody Sun) joins.
- December 9th, Flame joins.
- December 13th, Olleh joins.
- October 7th, team acquires the roster of Team 8. PorpoisePops, goldenglue, Nien, and Dodo8 join.
- Octboer 14th, Dodo8 retires from playing and moves to player manager.
- November 15th, goldenglue leaves.
- November 16th, PorpoisePops and Nien leave.
- December 8th, new roster is announced. Huni, Reignover, Pobelter, WildTurtle, and Adrian join.
|Flame||Lee Ho-jong (이호종)||Top||2017-10-31|
|Cody Sun||Cody Sun||AD||2018-11-19|
|Olleh||Kim Joo-sung (김주성)||Support||2017-10-31|
|Dodo||Kang Jun-hyeok (강준혁)||Sub/Support||2017-10-31|
|Dardoch||Joshua Hartnett||Jungle||Counter Logic Gaming|
|WildTurtle||Jason Tran||AD||Team SoloMid|
|Huni||Heo Seung-hoon (허승훈)||Top||SK Telecom T1|
|Reignover||Kim Yeu-jin (김의진)||Jungle||Team Liquid|
|Impactful||Joshua Alan Mabrey||Sub/AD||Eanix|
|Nien||Zach Malhas||AD||Team EnVyUs|
Player LCS Participation
- For a full chart listing all LCS players, click here.
- Only regular season games are listed. Last update: after LCS Spring 2017
|ClintFoy||Clinton Foy||Chairman & Co-Founder|
|Noah Whinston||Co-Founder & CEO|
|Janook||Jon Stein||Vice President of Product|
|Azotal||Ryan Friedman||Financial and Data Analyst|
|RachQuit||Rachael Barisich||Content and Operations Manager|
|Swaguhsaurus||Nick Phan||General Manager|
|Dodo||Kang Jun-hyeok (강준혁)||Team Manager|
|SSONG||Kim Sang-soo (김상수)||Head Coach|
|Robert Yip||Head Coach|
|Loyotalol||Brendan Schilling||Head Analyst|
|Requine||Cass Marshall||Staff Writer|
|Hermes||David Tu||Strategic Coach|
|Jish||Josh Carr-Hummerston||Assistant Head Coach|
|Leonyx||Rob Lee||Creative Director|
|Jesiz||Jesse Le||Assistant Coach||Fnatic|
|Dylan||Dylan Falco||Head Coach||Team EnVyUs|
|TheAkiri||Tyler Perron||Analyst||Team Sky|
|HISTORY TEACHER||Chad Smeltz||Head Coach||NRG Esports|
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2017-03-26||7th||2017 NA LCS Spring Round Robin||8 : 10||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2016-09-05||2nd||2016 Season North America Regional Finals||1 : 3||Cloud9|
|2016-08-27||3rd||2016 NA LCS Summer Playoffs||3 : 2||Counter Logic Gaming||$ 15,000|
|2016-07-31||2nd||2016 NA LCS Summer Round Robin||16 : 2||Group Stage (W/L)|
|2016-04-16||3rd||2016 NA LCS Spring Playoffs||3 : 0||Team Liquid||$ 15,000|
|2016-03-20||1st||2016 NA LCS Spring Round Robin||17 : 1||Group Stage (W/L)|
- January 6th, Road to Season Seven: Immortals by Malcolm Abbas on GAMURS
- February 4th, The future history of Immortals by Paul Marshall on LoL Esports
- February 5th, Snoopeh: I want Immortals to lose by Stephen "Snoopeh" Ellis on ESPN
- April 8th, Emily Rand's NA LCS Semifinals Preview: TSM and Immortals, something old and something new by Emily Rand on theScore
- April 8th, NA LCS semifinal preview: Team SoloMid vs. Immortals by Tyler Erzberger on ESPN
- May 25th, Summer 2016 NA LCS Team-by-Team Preview Day Three: Immortals (Podcast) by Rough Drafts on Soundcloud
- July 7th, The Importance of Positive Environments: TSM, IMT, C9 by poetanarchy on Esports Heaven
- September 9th, How can TL, NV, and IMT make it to Season 7 Worlds? by Ryan Tang on GAMURS
- October 7th, Meet the Immortals, the venture capital-funded esports franchise that bought Team 8's LCS spot by Samuel Lingle on the Daily Dot
- October 7th, Immortals esports team raises money from an elite investment consortium by Dean Takahashi on Venture Beat
- October 7th, Why L.A. tech, media and financial executives are buying an eSports team by Paresh Dave on the LA Times
- December 8th, Immortals: Exploring the Team Dynamic by Naser "Empyre" Al-Naqi on Splyce
- January 27th, Immortals' Hermes -- 'It's about securing the superior position every single moment of the game' with ESPN
- February 21st, Immortals Coach Robert Yip on Dardoch’s reformation process and Flame’s team integration with Yahoo Esports
- March 14th, The Immortals Bot Lane Is Stepping Up with Xander Torres on Red Bull Esports
- March 22nd, Immortals Coach Robert Yip on this year’s team: “We need people who will rock the boat” with Zing Li on Dot Esports
- April 14th, Imt Noah Whinston on Spring Split, the collapse of NA sponsorships, & his hope for LCS ‘franchising’ with Yahoo Esports
- April 20th, Immortals CEO Noah Whinston talks becoming a "fan-first" org, plus a major overhaul of IMT's brand with Blitz Esports
- May 4th, Noah Whinston on how esports branding and fandom could learn from the WWE with Blitz Esports
- may 18th, Immortals CEO on Coach SSONG, parting ways with Dardoch, and signing Xmithie with Yahoo Esports
- January 27th, We are the coaching staff of Immortals, AUA! with reddit
- February 1st, Immortals Head Coach Dylan on Leading the Team and Facing Locodoco Next Week with G|League
- February 4th, Dorm Room CEOs: Meet Noah Whinston, 21, Who Launched An E-Sports Franchise with Amy Diluna on NBC News
- February 21st, Immortals head coach Dylan Falco on how their hot streak is a team effort with theScore Esports
- February 24th, Immortals CEO Noah Whinston on his move into eSports, the team's success & the future of eSports with theScore Esports
- March 2nd, League of Legends Immortals: Present Day with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 2nd, League of Legends Immortals: Future Perfect with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 2nd, League of Legends Immortals: Origin Story with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 4th, Immortals CEO on the past, present, and future of the organization with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- March 4th, Coach Robert Yip explains how he applies his sports training background to IMT with Travis on Yahoo Esports
- June 28th, IMT coach Dylan Falco says that the new LCS format encourages new strategies and experimentation with Yahoo Esports
- July 13th, Scarra talks to Immortals coach Dylan Falco about coaching in the NA LCS and playing more controlled with theScore Esports
- August 2nd, Immortals Coach: ‘We have pretty high expectations of our team and we would have liked to get first place’ with Yahoo Esports
- August 4th, Noah Whinston on managing Immortals, investing in the scene and the biggest lesson he’s learned with theScore Esports
- August 10th, I'm Noah Whinston, CEO of Immortals. AMA with reddit (League of Legends)
- August 10th, I'm Noah Whinston, CEO of Immortals. AMA with reddit (CS:GO)
- December 7th, Noah and Dardoch on the jungler joining IMT, his growth as a person, and 2017 goals with Yahoo Esports
- November 18th, CEO of Immortals—"We really need to reorient the way we think about esports" with the Daily Dot
- December 8th, Immortals CEO Noah Whinston on signing both Huni and Reignover: 'Together they're more than great' with Kelsey Moser on theScore Esports
- December 10th, Meet the Immortals coaching and managerial staff Daily Dot Esports Daily Dot Esports with Daily Dot
- December 12th, Sessions featuring Immortals CEO Noah Whinston: “I barely had to sell a single one of my investors on eSports.” with News of Legends
- December 15th, Immortals CEO on Building IMT And "We Are Not the Team That Offered the Highest Salaries to Huni and Reignover" with Travis Gafford on Gamespot
- December 8th, Immortals: Here We Stand by Immortals_gg
- April 8th, [LoL] Immortal's Top 5 Plays from the 2016 Spring Split (2m48s)
- Gaming, Tech, Media & Sports Executives Launch eSports Franchise “Immortals” twitlonger.com
- Dodo8 ends his playing career, moves on to player management dailydot.com
- Immortals's Tweet twitter.com
- Huni, Pobelter, WildTurtle headline star-studded Immortals roster dailydot.com
- Goodbye and good luck, Reignover! immortals.gg
- Reignover set to join Team Liquid, sources say espn.com
- Farewell, Huni! immortals.gg
- SK Telecom T1's Tweet twitter.com
- Goodbye Adrian, Thanks for All the Support! immortals.gg
- Goodbye WildTurtle: Flashing Into a Bright Future immortals.gg
- TSM Brings Back WildTurtle riftherald.com
- Dylan Falco to Coach EnVyUs thescoreesports.com
- Pobelter Signs Two Year Contract immortals.gg
- Welcome to the Team Dardoch immortals.gg
- The Future is Bright: Welcome Flame to the Team! immortals.gg
- Introducing Olleh as the Immortals Support! immortals.gg
- Welcome Cody Sun as the new IMT ADC! immortals.gg
- Welcome our new Assistant LoL Coach: Jish! immortals.gg
- Announcing Nick Phan as our new General Manager! immortals.gg
- Jish's Tweet twitter.com
- Coaching Staff Update "immortals.gg"
- Farewell Dardoch - The Future of Immortals LCS Summer Split youtube.com
- Welcome Dardoch clgaming.com
- Meet Immortals’ Two New In-House Subs immortals.gg
- Welcome Our New Head Coach for the LCS Summer Split immortals.gg
- Jesiz joins as Assistant Coach facebook.com
- The Real Preseason Analysis youtube.com
- Welcome David “Hermes” Tu, our new LoL Strategic Coach immortals.gg
- Adrian leaves Immortals, signs with Phoenix1 espn.com
- Dylan's thoughts on IMT in 2016, and moving forward twitlonger.com
- Fnatic's tweet twitter.com
- Goodbye WildTurtle! youtube.com
- Immortals's tweet twitter.com
- goldenglue's tweet twitter.com