Q now has base damage and scales off bonus, not total, attack damage. W Mana cost down at higher ranks.
Draven is the cocky showoff for the marksman who wants to beat his opponent into the ground and keep them there through the midgame. Ever since Youmuu’s Ghostblade’s changes, Draven has been struggling to stay ahead when he’s off to a good start. We want to restore that go-hard feeling, so we’re giving Draven some extra power where (when?) his victims will feel it most.
Q - Spinning Axe
NEW BASE DAMAGE : 30/35/40/45/50
RATIO : 45/55/65/75/85% total attack damage ⇒ 65/75/85/95/105% bonus attack damage
W - Blood Rush
COST : 40 Mana at all ranks ⇒ 40/35/30/25/20 Mana
R cooldown and cost reduced.
For someone known as the Glorious Executioner, it’s odd that Draven doesn’t get more opportunities to gloriously execute his opponents. Most of Draven’s high-pressure skirmishing comes from catching and resetting Spinning Axes, killing Draven’s foes or his Mana pool rather quickly. We’re upping the availability of Draven’s ultimate to increase the likelihood of him ending his duels with a bang. A whirling, handsome, mustachio’d bang.
R - Whirling Death
COST : 120 Mana ⇒ 100 Mana
COOLDOWN : 110/100/90 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
Though a bit odd on paper, these changes together give Draven greater control of the trajectory and positioning necessary to his flashy style of looking good while laying down axes.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE : 50.38 ⇒ 55.8
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT : 3.5 ⇒ 2.91
BASE MANA : 310.56 ⇒ 360.56
MANA GROWTH STAT : 42 ⇒ 39
ATTACK FRAME : 0.32 ⇒ 0.23
BASIC ATTACK MISSILE SPEED : 1700 ⇒ 1600
Draven now tells his team how great he is. Also gets bonus stacks for neat tricks.
As Draven himself would tell you, the only real objective in League of Legends is the bottom lane - especially when he’s in it. As a marksman with exceptional snowball potential, Draven wishes you’d focus on setting him up to dominate by helping him cash in Adoration stacks and rake in millions of gold in combat stats. Now Draven’s more communicative when he’s about to break the bank; maybe he’ll stop pinging for you to come gank (probably not).
Passive - League of Draven
NEW COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK : Upon reaching 150 stacks, notifies Draven's team every 100 stacks (150, 250, 350, etc)
NEW ALL EYES ON ME : Notifies Draven's team every time he cashes in on a kill of at least 150 stacks
NEW 100% OF THE TIME, EVERY TIME : Draven gets 2 bonus stacks of Adoration if he kills 6 minions in a row without dropping a spinning axe
Summary: Draven’s passive will now consume all stacks on kill to grant bonus gold, although the gold granted per stack has been reduced by 1. Additionally, Draven’s passive will grant at least 50 bonus gold per kill.
Context: Considering Draven is obviously the greatest champion ever in League of Legends, his new League of Draven passive feels a little flat right now. We’re looking at ways of making his Adoration mechanic more rewarding - both functionally and visually – during late game and multikills.
- League of Draven
- Now grants a base 50 Gold bonus upon killing an enemy champion (from 0)
- Now consumes all Adoration stacks on kill to reward Draven with Gold (previously only consuming half)
- Gold per Adoration stack consumed reduced to 2 (from 3)
- Visuals and sounds for League of Draven play on every Draven kill, instead of only playing on kills which consumed a large number of stacks
We lowered the early game damage output Draven got from his passive since it wasn't adding much in terms of satisfying gameplay. Unfortunately, to get the numbers right, we realized we would need to reduce his passive damage to a point where it would be even less satisfying. We instead opted to rework Draven's passive altogether into something that reinforces his current gameplay, something so… Draven… even his opponents will feel begrudged to applaud: Welcome… to the League of Draven.
- League of Draven (New Passive)
- When Draven catches a Spinning Axe, or kills a minion or monster, he gains one stack of Adoration. When Draven kills an enemy champion, he consumes half of his Adoration stacks and gains 3 gold per stack consumed. Draven loses half of his Adoration stacks upon death.
'In Patch 3.5, we changed Draven's Spinning Axe to lead Draven more accurately when he was benefitting from Movement Speed increases. Unfortunately, these changes were very disruptive for dedicated Draven players and didn't offer enough potential for skilled players to showcase their skill through covering long distances between throwing and catching. We decided to revert the change.
- Spinning Axe
- Reverted a recent change affecting how Draven was led by Spinning Axe, restoring prior functionality
- Axe drop location will no longer be placed on the far side of impassable terrain from Draven
- Spinning Axe
- Now leads Draven more accurately when he is benefiting from Movement Speed increases
- Axe drop location will no longer be placed partially inside walls / terrain
- Base Movement Speed increased by 25.
October 20th Hotfix
- Fixed a bug where Draven's Spinning Axe would occasionally fail to bounce off of enemies