|Name:||Lee Seong-jin (이성진)|
|Country of Birth:||South Korea|
|Birthday:||September 27, 1996|
|Soloqueue IDs:||삼성갤럭시 CuVee|
|Social Media and Links|
|Share this Page|
Lee "CuVee" Seong-jin (Hangul: 이성진) is the top laner for Samsung Galaxy.
Lee "CuVee" Seong-jin joined Samsung Galaxy as their starting toplaner along with teammates Eve, BlisS, Fury, and Wraith when the team formed a new roster following the change to one team per organization in Korea. At the time he was also on one of the top Challenger ranked 5s teams on the Korean server, 꿍이라니. Samsung played in SBENU Champions Spring 2015 but placed last and were forced to play in the 2015 Champions Summer Promotion. Samsung qualified for SBENU Champions Summer 2015 when they placed first in their group by beating Prime Clan and Xenics. Samsung placed seventh during the regular season and missed playoffs but they qualified for the next season of LCK.
During the 2016 LCK Spring Season, Samsung Galaxy went 10-8 in sets overall. After looking like they could clinch the fifth and final seed for the Spring Playoffs, Samsung Galaxy were unfortunately denied by the surging Afreeca Freecs, who beat them by the game score tiebreaker, giving Samsung sixth place for the split.
During the 2016 LCK Summer Split, Samsung stayed a top four team throughout the split, notably taking a 2-0 series win against the ROX Tigers, one of two teams to do so. However consistent they were against the teams below them, Samsung rarely won against the three teams above them - ROX Tigers, SK Telecom T1, and KT Rolster. They managed to take fourth place with a 12-6 series record, seeding them into the first round of the 2016 LCK Summer Playoffs. Though they summarily defeated the Afreeca Freecs in the first round, they were matched against KT Rolster, a team who they had never managed to beat post-S4 in the LCK era, and they were swept 3-0, giving them fourth place in the season. Their accumulated points gave them enough to qualify as the second seed in the 2016 Season Korea Regional Finals. In a rematch against the Afreeca Freecs, Samsung managed to beat the Freecs 3-1, moving up to the finals in a rematch against KT Rolster. Samsung upset the heavy favorites 3-2, breaking a 19 game losing streak and giving them the third seed to worlds.
- March 16th, SSG CuVee: "I wish to defeat SKT in the future and reach the top" with Inven Global
- January 16th, Samsung CuVee, “Ambition Solved Our Macro Problems” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- January 16th, Samsung vs Afreeca Freecs MVP Interview with Stitch & CuVee with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- January 20th, Samsung vs Longzhu MVP Interview with CuVee & Ambition with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- February 5th, Samsung vs Jin Air MVP Interview with CuVee & Ambition with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- February 17th, Samsung vs CJ Entus MVP Interview with Crown & CuVee with OnGameNet, English translation by krbnu.
- March 23rd, Samsung CuVee Postmatch Interview, “We will win our remaining matches and make the postseason” with Inven, English translation by krbnu.
- October 2nd, CuVee: 'We are working really hard to at least not disappoint KT' with theScore
- October 25th, SSG Cuvee talks H2K win, final vs. SKT, top lane matchups with The Rift Herald